This easy chicken wrap is fully packed with flavour, loaded with chicken, yogurt-mayo dressing and fresh crunchy salad! With only 20 minutes cooking time and couple of pantry essentials, you are on to a great lunch or dinner.
Easy chicken wrap!
This recipe has become a staple in my home, I make it every now and then as it is easy and quick to make especially on those busy evenings. Most importantly, my family loves this easy chicken wrap too and who am I to deny them.
I can’t begin to tell you how delicious the chicken is! Of course, it is the highlight of the whole meal. If you have been here a while, you would know that I am a lover for chicken and a shameless one at it too. I don’t ever do bland chicken and that is why every chicken recipe on this website would knock your sock off.
The best part of this chicken wrap, apart from the fact that it is very easy to make, is how healthy it is. I always preach moderation when it comes to eating. I don’t judge as I believe food is to be enjoyed.
How to make this easy chicken
I used skinless chicken thigh for this recipe, but chicken breast would work for it too.
De-bone the chicken thigh, rinse and pat dry with kitchen towel (this is optional)
Add salt, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper and mix to combine (you can leave to marinade or cook immediately like I did)
Place a pan on medium heat, add vegetable and butter and heat till it melts, add chicken and sear on both sides for 3 minutes each (keep an eye on it to avoid burning)
Add 200 ml chicken broth, cover the pan with a lid and continue cooking for another 10 minutes.
Take the chicken off the heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Cut or shred the chicken into manageable bite size. Serve with the wrap
This is one of the easiest and tastiest dressing ever! I used 1 cup of low-fat yogurt to half cup of light mayonnaise. Mix them together and jazz it up with salt and pepper. A little dash of lemon or lime would be great on it too but I didn’t have this when I made this easy chicken Wrap.
You can serve the easy chicken wrap with any salad of choice, make sure it is fresh and crunchy. I have a great shawarma recipe that would be perfect with this chicken as well.
How to make chicken broth
I used the bones I removed from the thigh. Whilst the chicken was cooking, I was making the broth on another hub.
Add the chicken bones to a small pan, add salt and add any fresh or dry herbs of choice. I used my active kitchen all purpose seasoning. Bring to boil for about 10 minutes or till it is well cooked and no longer pink in the middle, take it off the heat and use as desired.
Easy Chicken Wrap
- 6 boneless chicken thighs skinless
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika sub with sweet paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cayenne pepper use according to preference
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 200 ml chicken broth or water
- 1 cup low fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp lemon or lime juice optional
- Pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- 8 tortilla wraps
- 1 Red bell pepper diced
- 1 small small onion chopped
- De-bone the chicken thigh, rinse and pat dry with kitchen towel (this is optional)
- Add salt, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper and mix to combine (you can leave to marinade or cook immediately like I did)
- Place a pan on medium heat, add vegetable and butter and heat till it melts, add chicken and sear on both sides for 3 minutes each (keep an eye on it to avoid burning)
- Add 200 ml chicken broth, cover the pan with a lid and continue cooking for another 10 minutes or till chicken is cooked and no longer pink in the middle
- Take the chicken off the heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Cut or shred the chicken into manageable bite size. Serve with the wrap
- add lettuce to the middle of the tortilla wrap, add chicken, yougurt dressing and the rest of the ingredients. Wrap it up and serve immediately. Alternatively, you can place the tortilla wrap in the microwave for a minute before assembling the rest of the ingredients you can also place the wrap in a panini/sandwich maker for extra crunch ( I used that for mine)
I would like to know how you got on if you tried this recipe, tag me on Instagram or #myactivekitchen. You can also save this recipe to your pinterest! See you on my next post
Watch video of how this easy chicken wrap below.