This crispy fish burger is seriously delicious, healthy and quick to make. This is honestly one of the best fakeaway fish burger I have had in a long time.
Crispy Fish Burger
This fish burger here is flavoured with simple pantry ingredients and bound to make everyone happy. Well if you are a fish lover, I might just change your mind with this crispy fish burger recipe.
Take a break from the usual beef burger and treat yourself to this insanely delicious fish burger. The best part is, you only need 15 minutes to make it. This one recipe will sure bring the whole family together.
Truth be told now, my daughter does not really like fish and anytime I make this, I tend to make beef burger on the side for her. That girl made me realise fish is not for everyone, she’s gone from not eating fish to eating smoked fish and now she hardly touches it.
Back to my homemade crispy fish burger that I paired with chips. I seasoned this fish with salt and then moved on to dipping it in egg seasoned with paprika, cumin and bouillon cubes (optional). Finally, I coated it in breadcrumbs and then fried it. You can bake this fish in the oven, but time is of essence. Be assured the fish would still come out crispy if baked. I was just lazy and didn’t mind the extra calories from frying the fish. I used cod fillet for this recipe but any other firm white fish fillet like haddock or Pollock would work a treat too
Top tips to making crunchy crispy fried fish
Season fish with salt, set aside for about half an hour before frying or baking
It is essential you season the egg wash with spices and bit of salt, to avoid bland taste
Alternatively, you can season the bread crumbs instead of the above.
If you would like the classic way of making this recipe, start by dredging the fish in seasoned flour, add to egg wash then coat with breadcrumbs and fry.
double coat the fish in breadcrumbs for extra crispness
You can also use frozen fish for this recipe but make sure it has thawed completely before cooking
Crispy Fish Burger with Chips
- 4 cod fillets
- 4 brioche burger buns
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp bullion powder (optional)
- 1.5 cups breadcrumbs
- Romaine lettuce
- 2 large tomatoes sliced
- 1 large egg
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
Chive Mayo dressing
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise use more if desired
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp chive chopped
Chive Mayo Dressing
- Mix all chive mayo dressing ingredients together and set aside
- Season fish with salt and set aside
- Get 2 bowls, add the spices and egg into one and whisk to combine. In another add breadcrumbs and set aside
- Add vegetable oil to a pan and place on medium high heat, if you would be baking the fish. Preheat the oven at 180⁰C
- Start by adding the fish to the egg wash and then finally coat in breadcrumbs. For extra crunch, repeat this process
- Fry fish in hot oil for about 5 minutes or until golden, crispy but not burnt.
Assemble fish burger
- add lettuce to one half of the bun, dollop of dressing then fried fish fillet, tomatoes. add more dressing if desired and finally top with the other half of the bun
I would like to know how you got on if you tried this recipe, tag me on Instagram or #myactivekitchen. You can also save this recipe to your pinterest! See you on my next post