Homemade Italian Seasoning
Homemade Italian seasoning is a seasoning mix you want to have in your pantry. Not only is it versatile, it takes you right home. Italy! This homemade seasoning is great on a pasta dish, pizza, meatballs, tomato sauce, sandwich, The list is endless.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time0 mins
Servings: 7 tablespoon
- 2 tablespoons dried Oregano
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried Marjoram
- 1 tablespoon dried Thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
Combine basil, oregano, marjoram, rosemary and thyme into a bowl. Give it a good mix to combine. Alternatively, add to a food processor and blend for some few seconds to combine. Use immediately and store the remaining in an airtight jar or a sealed container.
- Feel free to adjust the spice ratio to suit you
- You don’t have to use all the herbs listed above to achieve great and delicious homemade Italian seasoning mix. The main ingredients for making Italian seasoning are basil, oregano and thyme. In the absence of marjoram and rosemary, use these other dry herbs, sage, savoury, parsley. These are still Italian taste.
- Check the expiry on the spices before combining and use the nearer date as your seasoning mix expiry date.
- Label the spices accordingly
- Do not store directly by sunlight Keep it among other spices in your pantry. Yes, this Italian spice shouldn’t be alone. Lol Homemade Italian Seasoning