Learn how to make the best refreshing pineapple lemonade at home from scratch. It is easy to whip up and very quick too. This is a perfect summer drink that would not only refresh you but nourish your body too.
Servings: 4 glasses
- 1 whole ripe pineapple
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- ⅓ cup sugar or use as desired
- 1- inch cubed size ginger: this is optional but gives it a good zing
- 3 cups water or as needed
Wash and peel the pineapple, remove the core and cut into chunks. If you want to cheat, use “not from concentrate” pineapple juice instead
Squeeze the lemon for its fresh juice and peel the ginger
To a blender, add the pineapple chunks, ginger, sugar, lemon juice and water and blend until puree.
Pass the blended juice through a sieve or a cheesecloth separate the pulp from the juice
Add some ice to a glass or pitcher, pour the pineapple lemonade and give it a good stir. Leave to chill or drink immediately.
- If you don’t want to use ordinary sugar in case it doesn’t dissolve into the juice, make a simple sugar syrup by boiling an equal amount of sugar and water until dissolved. Use as desired in the lemonade
- Pour the lemonade into ice cube tray and freeze.
- Add the frozen cubes to flavour your water as at when needed. Blend the frozen lemonade to make pineapple slushie.