Crispy Fried Chicken Wings
Crispy fried chicken wings... just because you can have your cake and eat it at the same time. This chicken wings recipe is as easy as it comes, it is a crowd pleaser and you can add absolutely anything in your pantry to it just to make it your own
- 1 kg Chicken wing
- Salt use according to preference
- 1 tbsp baking powder aluminium free
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp each Spices of choice paprika, garlic, ginger etc
- Vegetable oil for frying about 4 cups
- 1 medium size onion
Cut chicken wings into drumettes and winglette. This stage optional. Pat chicken dry with a paper towel to get rid of excess moisture
Add salt to the chicken and mix till well combined, add spices, baking powder and thoroughly combine. Sprinkle the flour on the chicken and toss to combine
Place a shallow frying pan on high heat; add vegetable oil enough to fry the chicken.
Once the oil is hot, carefully drop the chicken in batches into the oil and fry for about 15 minutes or till golden brown and crisp.
Place the chicken on a paper towel to drain the oil
Serve immediately with chips and dip of choice
- Use baking powder (aluminium free) and not baking soda, they are two different things
• This recipe can be baked, it will take a longer time to get it very crispy. I found the frying better and quicker if I am in a rush. It tastes the same to me. If you would bake them, place them in the oven and cook on 130 degrees C for 30 minutes (do not eat, they are not properly cooked yet) then increase the heat to 220 degrees C and bake for another 30 minutes
• According to feedback from my beautiful reader, she tried this recipe using chicken thigh and it worked. Kindly note that the cooking thigh will differ, ensure your chicken cooks through before serving.