Easy Cucumber Sandwiches with cream cheese
Easy cucumber sandwiches with cream cheese. A great appetizer for traditional afternoon tea, cucumber sandwiches is healthy and quick to make.
Servings: 24 tea sandwiches
- 8 slices soft white bread
- 100 g cream cheese
- 1 English cucumber thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup light mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
Slice cucumber very thinly using a mandolin and if your knife skill is great, then use a knife but ensure that the cucumber slices are paper-thin.
Make the cream cheese filling. Add the cream cheese and mayonnaise together in a bowl until smooth. Add dill and stir to combine. Finally, season with some salt and pepper to taste.
This step is optional, you may or may not cut the crust off the white bread before you assemble the sandwich
Finally, assemble the sandwich, start by spreading the cream cheese filling on bread slices. Followed by the cucumber slices, layer it on the cream cheese spread and top it with another slice of bread. Using a sharp or serrated knife, cut off the crust if you haven’t done this beforehand. Then cut the sandwich into 3 fingers.
Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to a day
Tips for making perfect cucumber sandwiches
• Use fresh bread for making these sandwiches or any other type of sandwich. A great sandwich bread should be soft and pillowy
• Dry the cucumber on a paper towel to get rid off excess moisture, alternatively, scoop out the centre of the cucumber.
• For more traditional cucumber sandwiches, use good quality butter instead of cream cheese and mayonnaise.