Simple Potato Salad Recipe
Simple potato salad recipe! An ideal dish for summer parties, family dinners and a great recipe all year round. This creamy potato salad is loaded with chives, light mayo, salad cream and dill.
Servings: 8 serving
- 1 kg new potatoes scrubbed clean and cut into bite-size chunks
- ⅓ cup full fat or light Mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons full fat or light salad cream
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- ½ tsp dill
- 2 tsp salt and more for seasoning salad if need be
- black pepper use according to preference
Add the cubed potatoes to a large pot and cover with cold water, add salt and simmer on medium heat. Cook the potatoes until fork tender then drain.
Add the drained potatoes into a salad bowl or a large bowl. Leave to cool slightly
To the cooled potatoes, add mayonnaise, salad cream, pepper, chopped chives, dill and mix to combine. Taste for seasoning and adjust to preference
Serve the potato salad immediately or chill in the fridge until needed.You can make the salad ahead of time and it keeps in the fridge for up to 4 days. I would be surprised if you still have it for that long.
• Aim to cut them into equal chunks (same sizes) so they cook evenly
• Boil the potato with cold water and gradually bring the water to boil. Keep the heat on medium as you want the potatoes to cook all the way through. Cooking on high heat from the start would only cook the outer part of the potatoes leaving the interior crunchy
• If you are using new potatoes, you don’t need to peel the skin, just scrub them clean before use.
• You can eat potato salad warm or cold depending on the dressing used. If you would be eating this salad immediately, you may want to use a vinaigrette dressing instead of the creamy one.
• You can go wild on what you add to your potato salad if you don’t want to keep it simple like mine. Add thinly sliced celery, cucumber, boiled eggs, bacon, radish, micro salad etc and for the herbs, you may add thyme, spring onions, parsley, paprika etc