Jollof Spaghetti Recipe
Jollof Spaghetti is a delicious alternative to everyday Jollof rice. This recipe is incredibly delicious and cook’s way faster than the rice version. Perfect for lunch or dinner, you can also serve this for guest for a change.
- 500 g spaghetti or any other pasta of choice
- 1 cup Buka stew or passata
- 3 tablespoons tomato puree
- ½ tablespoon chilli flakes or use according to preference
- ½ tablespoon chicken bouillon powder or 2 small stock cubes
- Salt to taste
- ½ tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil or any other neutral cooking oil
- 3 tablespoons Uziza leaves chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes sliced (optional)
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 cup Fresh Prawns optional
- 1 cup pasta water
Cook spaghetti jollof
Place a pan on medium heat, add vegetable oil and chopped onions. Fry till onions become translucent this should take about 2-3 minutes.
Add leftover stew (pepper mix or passata) and cook for about 3 minutes. Followed by the tomato puree mixture, salt, curry powder, thyme, and chicken bouillon powder (add water from spaghetti to dilute the sauce). Continue to cook on medium-low heat for another 10 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning to taste.
Add cooked spaghetti to the sizzling sauce, stir till well combined, reduce the heat so it doesn’t burn. Lastly, add chopped uziza leave and fresh prawns if using and stir to combine.
Leave spaghetti to cook for another 3 minutes or to desired softness (add more spaghetti water if need be) Take it off the heat and serve.
How to store
This pasta dish keeps well in the fridge for up to 3 days in an airtight container or up to 3 months in the freezer.