Baked Homemade Meatballs
Baked homemade meatballs! These baked meatballs are succulent, meaty, beautifully browned and baked on the outside but juicy to the last bite.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 500 g beef mince
- 1 medium slice bread
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup parsley chopped
- 1 Tsbp chilli flakes
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 1 large egg
Preheat the oven at 200C and line a baking tray with baking paper or spray with oil Soak the bread in the milk for about a minute
Add all the ingredients into a bowl, this includes the chopped herbs and spices. Gently mix them together till combined
Scoop the mince mixture into your palm and roll to form a small ball. Repeat this process till you exhaust the whole mince mixture. ALTERNATIVELY: you can use ice cream scoop so in that way, you are at least guaranteed equal sizes for the meatballs. Also remember to keep the meatballs small, this way they cook faster and don’t dry out.
Bake them in the oven between 15 to 20 minutes.
- This recipe would make 20 small meatballs
- Preheat the oven
- Do not over mix, with tender love and care you would have the juiciest meatballs ever
- Keep the meatballs the same size for even cooking
- Use a binder like egg or bread with milk to hold the shape of the meatballs. For this recipe, I used bread soaked in milk and egg to bind the meatballs
- Don’t be afraid to add herbs and spices. There is nothing more painful than biting into bland food
- dip palm in water and shake off excess water to aid rolling the meatballs, alternatively, you can use oil