Easy Blender Salsa
5 minutes blender salsa! If you love corn chips and salsa then this fresh restaurant-style salsa is what you need. Not only is it easy to put together, it is also full of flavour and utterly delicious and tastes better than shop-bought
Servings: 2 cups
- 400 g Canned chopped tomatoes about 14.1 ounces
- 1 Green Jalapeno seeds and membrane removed roughly chopped
- 1 small red onions roughly chopped substitute with white onion
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp Salt and pepper adjust to taste
- Juice from ½ lime
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup parsley cilantro
Add all the ingredients and pulse until desired texture is achieved.
Let the salsa sit on the side or in the fridge for about 30 minutes before serving for the flavours to blend. Serve immediately if you are in a hurry.
Tips for making restaurant style salsa:
- Use fresh ingredients with an exception to the canned tomatoes
- Use more or less jalapeño depending on how hot/spicy you want it
- Drain off some juice from the canned tomato for less watery salsa
- Chill the salsa in the fridge for at least 30 minutes for the flavour to blend. This is optional but it is surely the way to go.
- If you would be using fresh tomatoes, use roma tomatoes and be sure to either roast or use the boiling method used in my homemade salsa