5 minutes blender salsa! If you love corn chips and salsa then this fresh restaurant-style salsa is what you need. Not only is it easy to put together, it is also full of flavour and utterly delicious. Your guests would be wowed with this easy blender salsa recipe
I am not a big fan of chips I must confess but I never say no to Doritos corn chips and salsa. This last weekend, we had our friends at ours and they came bearing a gift of irresistible Doritos chips. Yay me, I knew I had to make some quick blender salsa ASAP. Thankfully, I had most of the ingredients used in making restaurant-style salsa at home.
I make salsa most of the time and I can honestly say this blender salsa knocked them all out. If I am using fresh tomatoes in my homemade salsa, I would either simmer for about 5 minutes or roast it in the oven. Why choose blender salsa over the other methods listed above. It is fresh, it is packed with flavours, quick, mess-free and easy to make.
If you have been buying shop salsa in a jar, now is the time to say bye to it and give this fresh and best blender salsa recipe a good go. Trust me, you will be happy you did. It doesn’t matter what time of the year it is or the occasion, this homemade blender salsa is perfect all year round. Imagine going to a Mexican restaurant and they tell you sorry hun, but we are not serving salsa this month. Hell NO!! such never happens. So here you go my lovelies time to make some fresh homemade salsa recipe.Jump to Recipe
What is in my blender salsa
Canned tomatoes: you can use any from plum to chopped but I recommend chopped tomatoes
Green Jalapeno: for kicks
Onions: I used red onions but white onions are perfect too
Cumin: Great flavour, am sorry but there is no substitute for this
Sugar: You only need a little to balance the acidity from the tomatoes, if any.
Salt and pepper: to taste.
Lime: No salsa without lime right. In fact, I made a recipe video for how to make blender salsa and I forgot to add lime. I added it into the video somehow. I know… but I would rather have it squeezed into the video than not at all.
How to make the best blender salsa!
I know you would want to know. Just like the title of the recipes says. BLENDER SALSA!!! Toss all the ingredients into a blender and blitz for a coarse texture. Taste for salt and pepper and adjust to taste. Viola. You have for yourself the best homemade salsa recipe ever. This recipe can also be made in a food processor.
Fun fact about making this recipe:
It can be customised to taste. Apart from the tomatoes used, use more or less of the other fresh ingredients. Add more sugar or less. Adjust the hotness to taste, use more or less chillies as you please. One thing I wouldn’t recommend is going overboard with the cumin. Less is more
Tips for making restaurant-style salsa:
Use fresh ingredients with an exception to the canned tomatoes
Use more or less jalapeño depending on how hot/spicy you want it
Drain off some juice from the canned tomato for less watery salsa
Chill the salsa in the fridge for at least 30 minutes for the flavour to blend. This is optional but it is surely the way to go.
If you would be using fresh tomatoes, use Roma tomatoes and be sure to either roast or use the boiling method used in my homemade salsa here
Watch the Video How to Make Resturant Style Salsa
Easy Blender Salsa
- Blender or Food processor
- 400 g Canned chopped tomatoes about 14.1 ounces
- 1 Green Jalapeno seeds and membrane removed roughly chopped
- 1 small red onions roughly chopped substitute with white onion
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp Salt and pepper adjust to taste
- Juice from ½ lime
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup parsley cilantro
- Add all the ingredients and pulse until desired texture is achieved.
- Let the salsa sit on the side or in the fridge for about 30 minutes before serving for the flavours to blend. Serve immediately if you are in a hurry.
- Use fresh ingredients with an exception to the canned tomatoes
- Use more or less jalapeño depending on how hot/spicy you want it
- Drain off some juice from the canned tomato for less watery salsa
- Chill the salsa in the fridge for at least 30 minutes for the flavour to blend. This is optional but it is surely the way to go.
- If you would be using fresh tomatoes, use roma tomatoes and be sure to either roast or use the boiling method used in my homemade salsa