Last Updated on
Everyone needs a simple spaghetti recipe on their home menu. This easy cajun spaghetti recipe ticks all boxes for that. It is rich in flavour, delicious and very quick to make. It is an absolute delight!
This simple spaghetti recipe works all the time and you can make this one with your eyes closed. This recipe is stress-free and very affordable too. I used Cajun seasoning for this simple dish but feel free to use any spice at hand. I would recommend it with the Cajun spice as it is bold in flavour and delicious. Your spaghetti feels like a million-dollar with it.
I made this dish in about 15 minutes. This easy cajun spaghetti recipe can be made as a one-pot dish, but I personally prefer to cook it separately from the sauce. Although, I add them all up in the end
How To Cook Perfect Spaghetti
Pro tip: cook spaghetti in boiling salted water, you should be able to taste the salt.
Place a pan on medium heat, add enough water that will cover the spaghetti or pasta. Alternatively, boil a full kettle of water and then transfer to a pan and add salt.
Add the spaghetti to the boiling water, using the back of a ladle, gently press it against the pan. Once it is is all covered with water, stir once to separate them to avoid sticking together. Add a drop of oil into the water if desired but it is not essential. Cook till al dente, most spaghetti’s cook under 10 minutes
- Vegetable oil
- Cajun spice
- Beef bouillon cube
- Chopped onion
- Chopped garlic
- Chilli flakes
- A Lil bit of love
How To Make Simple Cajun Spaghetti
This is the easiest spaghetti recipe you would ever make.
Start by heating the vegetable oil in a pan on medium heat, add chopped onions and garlic and stir so it doesn’t burn. You then go on to add the passata, Cajun spice, bouillon cube and leave to boil. (keep an eye so it doesn’t burn) while you are waiting on the tomato base to cook, move on to cooking the pasta till al dente (follow the instruction above or the instruction on the packet)
Once it is done, drain in a colander and reserve little water to add to the sauce if need be. Add it to the tomato sauce and stir to combine. Check for salt and seasoning and adjust accordingly. Serve immediately with a side of choice.
What To Serve With This Cajun Spaghetti
How to Store it
This pasta dish would last up to 3 days in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
Simple Spaghetti Recipe
- 400 g Spaghetti
- 3 tbsp Vegetable oil substitute with olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Cajun spice
- 400 g Passata
- 1 Beef bouillon cube I used knorr
- 1 small onion Chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic Chopped
- 1 tsp chilli flakes optional
- Start by heating the vegetable oil in a pan on medium heat, add chopped onions and garlic and stir so it doesn’t burn. Do this till onion is translucent and garlic soft
- Add the passata, Cajun spice, chilli flakes, bouillon cube, stir to combine and leave to simmer. (keep an eye so it doesn’t burn) while you are waiting on the tomato base to cook, bring the spaghetti to boil till aldente (follow the instruction above or the instruction on the packet) Don’t forget to add salt to the boiling water.
- Once the spaghetti is done, drain in a colander and reserve little water to add to the sauce if need be. Add the drained spaghetti to the tomato sauce and stir to combine. Check for salt and seasoning and adjust accordingly. Serve immediately with side of choice.
If you made this recipe, don’t forget to leave me feedback. Tag me on Instagram, Facebook and save away to your Pinterest