Last Updated on
Stove top broccoli is the best broccoli ever! This broccoli takes less than 10 minutes to make and if you use this method, it would be the best broccoli of your life. Well, it’s mine now.
I have tried so many ways of making broccoli that my children would love but it has always been a hard nut to crack. They still leave some broccoli on their plates. One of the ways I tried with the little one is grating broccoli into her dish and boy, it is hard work.
I recently made some ramen noodles stir fry for Olu and I, bearing in mind that my daughters wouldn’t eat out of it because of the added broccoli and other vegetables. Was I wrong? They both couldn’t get their hands off our food. There was a bit of mummy’s proud moment. I was surprised to see them devour the broccoli the way they did.
I was so happy to have finally nailed it. Broccoli is winning and who am I to complain. Fast forward a week after, I made this stove top broccoli and it was all gone as well. I love how my younger daughter sucks the juice out of the broccoli. It is so pleasant watching her innocent mouth munching away on broccoli.
One of the reasons I prefer this stove top broccoli method is how easy it is to make. I love that I can give my 13-month-old this vegetable without the fear of choking. This broccoli is juicy, crispy and crunchy to the last bite. Best believe when I say this would be your last bus stop to making broccoli
What are the health benefits of eating broccoli?
- You won’t be surprised to know that broccoli is fully packed with vitamins, fibre and minerals
- It contains good measures of antioxidant
- Broccoli promotes healthy digestion
- Strong bones and yes it takes some good few years off you
- Who would think a vegetable like broccoli can cure cancer and other illness? The wonders of this vegetable are endless. This claim is inconclusive, but it wouldn’t hurt to incorporate this vegetable into your diet.
- Moral of the story: Broccoli a day keeps the doctor away
This method is straight forward and with everyday simple ingredients
1 large broccoli head
Salt and pepper
How to make the best stove top broccoli ever
Cut the broccoli head into florets. If the florets are too big, cut them up to manageable sizes.
Rinse and pat dry thoroughly
Place a pan on medium heat, add vegetable oil, butter and heat to melt, add the broccoli florets.
Leave for a minute before stirring or tossing. Add 2tbsp water, stir to combine. Finish off with salt, pepper and onion powder. Continue cooking for another 3 minutes.
Please repeat with me, I will always eat my jollof rice with some yummy broccoli. Lol….
This recipe can be eaten with virtually everything from chicken to fish, beef or you can even make broccoli vegetable medley.
Try these other recipes with your broccoli…
If you made this easy steamed broccoli recipe, don’t forget to leave me feedback. Tag me on Instagram, Facebook and save away to your Pinterest
Stove top Broccoli
- 1 large broccoli head
- 1 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 2 tbsp water
- Cut the broccoli head into florets. If the florets are too big, cut them up to manageable sizes.
- Rinse and pat dry thoroughly
- Place a pan on medium heat, add vegetable oil, butter and heat to melt, add the broccoli florets.
- Leave for a minute before stirring or tossing. Add 2tbsp water, stir to combine. Finish off with salt, pepper and onion powder. Continue cooking for another 3 minutes.
- Serve immediately
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? PLEASE RATE IT AND LEAVE ME A COMMENT. USE #MYACTIVEKITCHEN OR TAG @MYACTIVEKITCHEN ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN SEE YOUR PHOTOS, I WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOUR CREATIONS. THANK YOU!