This beautiful blend of banana and strawberry smoothie is a perfect pick me up for those mornings you need something nice and sweet
Today my lovelies, I’ll be sharing this simple and amazing classic smoothie recipe; the banana and strawberry smoothie. Growing up, I had a lot of banana smoothies and sometimes if I needed to jazz it up, I just added peanut butter. Back then I never saw it as being a healthy choice; I just saw it as another way to enjoy eating a banana. Apart from chicken, banana is my other weakness. It is very healthy and also full of nutrients, it is antioxidant, full of fibre and protein. Banana is also an energy booster and enough nutrients to keep you going for hours. I am a sucker for banana and I must eat one at least in a day.
Now, I know the importance of smoothie and I don’t joke with it any more. In fact, there was a time smoothie was just my breakfast and lunch and I felt better with myself. Once you have mastered the basics of making a smoothie, you can then start playing with it to suit your needs. You can even add any vegetable of choice and your body would definitely appreciate it. This banana and strawberry smoothie is kids friendly too. It can also be frozen and eaten as nice cream. If your smoothie is too thick when you make it, you can thin it out with water, milk or any other liquid base of choice. If it is too light, thicken with fruits of choice, banana works wonders too
I must thank a good friend of mine and a fellow blogger for coming through to me with this recipe. She encouraged me to post it as I thought it was too basic. She reminded me that classic recipes are never basic. Thanks Sisi Jemimah.
- Just like the popular saying 'I am sweet enough' banana and strawberry smoothie does not need any sugar or sweeteners in making it
- Swap dairy milk for non-dairy milk like almond milk, coconut milk, soya milk, oat milk or any other non-dairy milk options. There is a lot out there now that I can keep up.
- Use frozen banana for a creamier smoothie.
- Add in some vanilla extract
- Lastly, use water instead of milk and yogourt for a healthier option.
10pcs strawberries (about 11/2 cups)
2 bananas peeled
½ cup whole milk (substitute with coconut/almond/soya milk or water/yoghurt)
dash of spices like turmeric/cinnamon/nutmeg/moringa powder
How to make banana and strawberry smoothie
This is simple as ABC, Add all the ingredients to a blender or smoothie maker and blend until smooth. Pour into a glass/cup and enjoy.
See how simple that is. Nothing beats a classic banana strawberry smoothie
Banana and Strawberry Smoothie
- 10 strawberries halved about 11/2 cups
- 2 bananas peeled chopped
- ½ cup whole milk substitute with coconut/almond/soya milk or water/yoghurt
- ½ cup Ice optional
- Add all the ingredients to a blender or smoothie maker and blend until smooth. Pour into a glass/cup and enjoy.
Don't forget to take a picture and tag my active kitchen on Instagram and Facebook if you make any recipe from the blog. I also love reading from you all, leave a comment or send me an email. If you are yet to subscribe to the blog, kindly do so and you won't miss any new post from us again. Don’t forget to use the share buttons below too, sharing is caring. Until next time, be true to yourself