Last Updated on
Well seasoned crispy potato wedges!! These crispy potatoes are sinfully good. Not only are they crispy on the outside, they are well seasoned and fluffy on the inside.
If you are looking for homemade crispy potato wedges, you are at the right place. I have a thing for smoked paprika and I have generously seasoned these potato wedges with it. Can you believe I used two teaspoons for this recipe but feel free to make it your way. These wedges were seasoned with pantry staples like onion powder, mixed herbs and salt.
I love the simplicity of this recipe, but its outcome is an unending craving for the best homemade crispy potato wedges ever made!!! This recipe is perfect in every way because it is easy and quick to make. It is a great weeknight dinner idea, with 10 minutes preparation and 30 minutes to put your feet up. What is not to love eh?
Potato (about 1 kg)
Salt to taste
How to make perfect crispy potato wedges…
Firstly, make sure you use quality potatoes. Most floury/waxy potato type would work for this recipe. Potato wedges can be cooked with skin on or off
Wash the potatoes well to get rid of dirt. Peel skin off if desired but this is not necessary
Cut the potatoes into even wedges as this allows them to cook evenly
You know how much I dislike bland food: Season these potato wedges like you mean it but don’t go overboard with the salt. You are better off with less salt in food as you can adjust to your liking after cooking. Add vegetable oil or any other oil of choice
It is important to add the wedges to the baking tray on a single layer to allow even baking time and crispier potato wedges.
Bake in the oven till they are golden and crispy. (flip the wedges over in between bake)
Crispy Potato Wedges
- 6 large potato (about 1 kg)
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper Use according to preference
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- Preheat the oven to 200C and line a baking tray with parchment paperWash the potatoes well to get rid of dirt. Peel skin off if desired but this is not necessary.
- Cut the potatoes into even wedges as this allows them to cook evenlyAdd the sliced potato wedges to a bowl, add the spices, mixed herbs, salt and vegetable and mix to combine
- Add seasoned potato wedges to the lines baking tray on a single layerBake in the for 30 to 40 minutes or until golden and crispyTake it out of the oven and serve immediately
I would like to know how you got on if you tried this recipe, tag me on Instagram or #myactivekitchen. You can also save this recipe to your Pinterest! See you on my next post
Watch video of how to make the best crispy and well-seasoned crispy potato wedges below.