As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my Full Affiliates Disclosure here.
This green sauce recipe is about to be your go-to addition to flavour up all your dishes. It is good as a dip, salad dressing, marinade and can also be used as a seasoning in dishes.
Made with everything good for you, this 5 minutes sauce is absolutely delicious. Learn how to make this green seasoning recipe in easy steps.
Easy homemade green sauce recipe
I can’t begin to tell you how good this homemade green sauce is, it is versatile and easily customisable to taste and preferences. With this recipe, you would no longer need to throw away any herb you have laying in your fridge.
Every kitchen needs a tried and trusted all-purpose seasoning. I made my active kitchen all purpose seasoning in dry form which I sell by the way. Because, my spice is not available worldwide yet, I am sharing with you my not so secret green sauce that you can use for everything anything.
This sauce is so good that you can literally add it to boiled pasta cooked in salted water and you are good to go. If you would have any homemade dipping sauce this summer, let it be this homemade magic green sauce.
I am very partial to chimichurri sauce and salsa verde but I have to say my all-purpose green sauce is way better! Yeah, I said that. It is fresh, vibrant, herby and can be used in your everyday dishes from salad, wraps, sandwich filling, rice dishes, soups and stews and many more.
Are you looking for the marinade to use on your chicken or fish? Look no more as this is everything you need and more.
Let me show you how to make this simple magic green sauce in easy steps.
Things to note before making this green seasoning
You can make this sauce spicy as much as you want. Yep, you want it hot, make it hot or milder if you don’t like spicy food
I have not used onions in this sauce and that is a personal preference, feel free to add it to yours.
You can make this sauce creamy by adding cashew nuts, pistachio or any other type of nuts or peanuts you may have at hand. Avocado works well with this homemade sauce too.
This sauce uses a fair share of oil, you may adjust this to suit your liking.
- Parsley leaves or you can use a mixture of parsley and cilantro
- Chopped green onions (spring onions)
- Fresh garlic cloves
- Green chili
- Green bell pepper
- Fresh lemon juice
- Basil leaves
- Olive oil or vegetable oil
How to make homemade green sauce
Wash and rinse the herbs and cut the chili and green bell pepper into manageable sizes for your food processor or blender.
Add all the ingredients to a food processor or blender and pulse until the desired texture and consistency is achieved.
Other recipes you may use this sauce/seasoning with
add the to the dough to make this delicious homemade shawarma bread
Swap this piri piri chicken marinade for this sauce
Finally, as always lovelies, if you make this simple homemade green seasoning recipe. Please leave a comment for me. Also, pin this recipe on Pinterest or tag me your beautiful yummy image on Instagram.
See you in my next post
All the best
Green Sauce Recipe (Green Seasoning Recipe)
- Food processor or a blender
- 1 cup tightly packed parsley leaves or you can use a mixture of parsley and cilantro
- ¾ cup chopped green onions spring onions
- 4 Fresh garlic cloves
- 1 celery stalk chopped
- 2 Green chili or use according to preference
- 1 large green bell pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ½ cup basil leaves
- Salt to taste start with 1 teaspoon and adjust
- ½ cup olive oil or vegetable oil
- Wash and rinse the herbs and cut the chili and green bell pepper into manageable sizes for your food processor or blender.
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor or blender and pulse until the desired texture and consistency is achieved.
- Use sauce as desired in a salad, as a marinade, tacos, on roasted vegetables etc. Pour the leftover sauce into a storage jar and keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? PLEASE RATE IT AND LEAVE ME A COMMENT. USE #MYACTIVEKITCHEN OR TAG @MYACTIVEKITCHEN ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN SEE YOUR PHOTOS, I WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOUR CREATIONS. THANK YOU!