Easy breakfast potatoes made with just 3 ingredients, crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside and packed with flavour. These breakfast potatoes are so easy to make and quick as well, they make a perfect side to breakfast or brunch
I look forward to breakfast on weekends, I am not going to lie I love my fry ups and so does my family. I try to make them as healthy as I can by cutting down on oil and adhering to portion control. I also find them very easy and quick to make. On Saturday mornings, you would catch me indulging in some good English breakfast or not so full English breakfast as I call it when some elements are missing. A great example is these delicious breakfast potatoes served alongside mushrooms, baked chicken sausages, egg and baked beans.
This weekend was no different, lol. I had some leftover potatoes from making my baby’s meal and I didn't want it to waste so I made the super easy breakfast potatoes for brunch. With just 3 ingredients, salt, vegetable oil, my active kitchen all-purpose seasoning and of course the potatoes, you are not far away from having one of the most memorable breakfasts. Easy breakfast potatoes are quick to make, 20 minutes tops because it is cut into smaller cubes and this helps cut down the cooking time as well. It is important to line your baking tray with baking sheet (parchment paper) to prevent the potatoes from sticking and it would be very easy to turn if need be. Can you believe I ran out of baking paper and foil when I made these breakfast potatoes? I still made it work though (check the photos)
Ingredients for baked breakfast potatoes
MAK all purpose seasoning (sub with paprika or other spice/herbs of choice)
2 tbsp vegetable oil
How to make breakfast potatoes
Preheat the oven at 200⁰C
Rinse and peel potatoes, cut into 2 or 3 slices depending on the thickness of the potato and then cut into cubes (try and cut them as equal as possible to allow even baking time)
Place the cubed potatoes into a bowl, add salt, sprinkle the all-purpose seasoning, vegetable oil and toss to combine or use a spatula to mix together.
Line a baking tray with baking sheet and spread the potatoes in a single layer on the baking tray. Bake the potatoes in the oven for 20 minutes or till golden brown and crispy.
Alternatively, Cook the potatoes on the stovetop (skillet)
Following the same steps as above, add the vegetable to a pan and place on medium heat. Add diced potatoes, ensuring that the pan is not overcrowded. Season with salt and other herbs of choice. Saute for about 6 to 10 minutes. The potatoes should be browned and crispy at this point but not burnt. Try the potatoes and if it fluffy and done to your liking, take it off the heat. Otherwise, Add 2 tablespoon of water to the pan, reduce the heat and cook the potatoes for another 2 minutes. Take the lid off, the water should have dried up by now. Check for doneness and serve immediately.
Easy Breakfast Potatoes
- Potatoes I used Maris piper
- 1 tsp MAK all purpose seasoning sub with paprika or other spice/herbs of choice
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven at 200⁰C, 180⁰C for a fan oven
- Rinse and peel potatoes, slice into 2 or 3 slices depending on the thickness of the potato and then cut into cubes (try and cut them as equal as possible to allow even baking time)
- Place the cubed potatoes into a bowl, add salt, sprinkle the all purpose seasoning, vegetable oil and toss to combine or use a spatula to mix together.
- Line a baking tray with baking sheet and spread the potatoes on a single layer on the baking sheet. Bake the potatoes in the oven for 20 minutes or till golden brown and crispy. (You can transfer the potatoes to the grills 5 minutes before the end of cooking time)
- Serve immediately.