As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my Full Affiliates Disclosure here.
Easy Turkey Burgers! These burgers taste just as good as a beef burger. It is simple and quick to make. Full of delicious flavours, juicy and well seasoned with kitchen staple ingredients. This turkey burger is healthy and would only take 20 minutes to come together.
Just as you would with regular beef burger, this turkey burger recipe requires simple steps to make. You only need one bowl and a cook time of 10 minutes or under. A perfect dinner recipe. I love a quick fix dinner and this easy burger recipe is one of them.
Have you ever had a bad experience with eating chicken or turkey burger that was bland and flavourless? I apologise and I promise that it is a different case with this. You are promised a flavourful, delicious, juicy burger here. Turkey can easily dry out if not cooked properly so that is why I have made sure you don’t experience such with this moist easy turkey burger recipe.
Why This Recipe Works
Turkey burger is inexpensive, here in the UK, 500g of turkey mince cost around £1.50 and that is enough to feed at least 4 people. Or 750g if you are looking at a mega-size burger
It is quick and doesn’t require much prep time. 10 minutes tops and you are done
Easy to customise you add whatever spices and herbs you want, to make it yours.
This recipe is perfect for any time of the year
It is a healthy alternative to a beef burger, a good option when you fancy a low-calorie dinnerJump to Recipe
What Is in My Turkey Burger
I have used simple and everyday ingredients for my juicy turkey burgers, feel free to add any spices and herbs of choice that you are confident with. If you are wondering what sage is doing on the list, I am a lover of that herb and I use it every time in my meat. So why not on turkey? You only need a little and I can assure you that you would be hooked too.
Turkey mince (ground turkey): Substitute with chicken mince
Cheese (grated cheddar cheese): substitute with parmesan or pecorino
Breadcrumbs: I used plain breadcrumbs
Paprika: any type would do just fine
Chilli flakes: this is optional, I just like a bit of kick in my meal.
Onions: Because every burger needs onions
Garlic powder: substitute with fresh chopped garlic
Vegetable oil to cook the burger, substitute with olive oil
Build Your Own Burger
4 brioche or burger bun (I prefer brioche buns)
Spicy mayo dressing: I used a combination of low-fat mayonnaise and sriracha sauceJump to Recipe
Other available options
Avocado: sliced or smashed
How To Make The Best Turkey Burger Patties
Prep all the burger filling and set aside or in the fridge until use
This is very easy to make, more like a dump and mix type of recipe that comes together in 10 minutes tops
First, you add the mince to a bowl, add the Worcestershire sauce and mix to combine. Followed by the rest of the ingredient and gently mix to combine.
Divide the mince into 4 parts and form to make patties about 1 inch thickness
Place a skillet over medium heat, add oil and heat till hot, carefully add the patties and cook them for about 2 minutes or until golden brown but not burnt. Flip to the other side and sear for another 1 to 2 minutes.
Build your burger and enjoy.
How to Know When Turkey Burger Is Cooked.
Just like chicken, cooked turkey would change colour to white but be careful not to overcook these patties. The internal temperature should read 165F/73C.
Substitute turkey mince for chicken mince
If you find the patties sticky or hard to form, wet your hand with water or oil. This will aid forming the burger patties properly.
How To Serve Turkey Burger
Serve this healthy burger alongside
Crispy onion rings
Other burger recipes for the blog
Easy Turkey Burgers
Turkey Patties Ingredients
- 500 g Turkey mince ground turkey
- ⅓ cup grated cheddar cheese substitute with parmesan or pecorino
- 2 tbsp Plain Breadcrumbs
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Paprika
- Salt and pepper use according to preference
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp dried sage
- ½ tsp Chilli flakes
- ⅓ cup Onions grated substitute with 2 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp Garlic powder substitute with fresh chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp vegetable substitute with olive oil substitute with olive oil
Build Your Own Burger
- 4 brioche or burger bun I prefer brioche buns
- Romaine Lettuce
- Spicy mayo dressing: I used a combination of low-fat mayonnaise and sriracha sauce
- Prep all the burger filling and set aside or in the fridge until use
- Add the turkey mince and the rest of the patties ingredient into a bowl and gently mix to combine.
- Divide the mince into 4 parts and form to make patties about 1 inch thick
- Place a skillet over medium heat, add oil and heat till hot, carefully add the patties and cook them for about 2 minutes or until golden brown but not burnt. Flip to the other side and sear for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Build your burger and enjoy.
- How to cook turkey burgers
- Apart from searing/cooking on the stovetop, you can bake it in the oven or in a grill