As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my Full Affiliates Disclosure here.
This mango lemonade is delicious and refreshing. A perfect summer drink for everyone, this recipe is ridiculously easy to make too.
Please tell me to stop bragging about the weather here in Manchester, Oh My God! The past week has been so good and warm. Manchester is known for unfair weather, especially incessant rainfall. If you are planning a day out here, you have to think again and hope it doesn’t rain. I remember Carlos Tevez severally moaning about the weather too, though we knew it was an excuse to leave Manchester. lol
One other thing I love about this weather is the fact that I actually get to drink more water. Truth be told, I don’t drink enough water but I can go through 1 litre of diet lemonade in a day and I sometimes make mine. This weekend, I had some mangoes in the fridge and I made mango lemonade to give my usual lemonade another twist and also to get the bank holiday game on.
Making lemonade is very easy and you can use a cheat method by simply using your favourite lemonade (sprite, 7up or any other lemonade of choice) drink as it makes the drink easier and quicker to make.
2 mangoes, peeled and chopped (about 3 cups)
Juice from 2 lemons
½ cup sugar or use as desired
How to make mango lemonade
1. In a pan add sugar, 1 cup of water and bring to boil to dissolve sugar and form a syrup. Alternatively, you can use the cheat method which is using shop bought lemonade to hasten the process. Shhh don’t tell anyone.
2. In a blender, add chopped mangoes, little water to aid blending and puree till smooth. Pour the mixture through a strainer and set aside.
3. To a jug, add the syrup, cup of water, lemon juice then add the strained mango juice. Mix all together and chill or serve immediately over an ice.
- 2 mangoes peeled and chopped (about 3 cups)
- Juice from 2 lemons
- 4 cups of water
- ½ cup sugar or use as desired
- 3 cups Ice
- In a pan add sugar, ½ cup of water and bring to boil to dissolve sugar and form a syrup. This should take about 5 minutes
- In a blender, add chopped mangoes, lemon peel from the left-over lemon, little water to aid blending and puree till smooth. Pour the mixture through a strainer and set aside.
- To a jug, add the syrup, water, lemon juice then add the strained mango juice. Mix all together and chill or serve immediately over ice.
Other Easy Drink Recipes You Might Love