This best Rice Krispie treat recipe is made with 3 simple ingredients, marshmallows, butter and Rice Krispies. It is so delicious, ridiculously easy to make and tastes better with a drizzle of chocolate.
This rice Krispie treat is an Easter worthy recipe!
Best Rice Krispie Treat Recipe
It takes massive discipline not to make rice Krispie treat all the time. For starters, it takes like 5 minutes to make and you can either eat it immediately or wait for it to set. I am team both and a shameless one at that too. I have got a sweet tooth, sorry but not sorry.
Rice Krispie treat is fun no-bake dessert, super easy to make especially when time is of the essence. This is the only treat you want to take to that next family gathering. You can bet this rice Krispie treat will be gone first.
If you would be making rice Krispie treat for the little ones, use coloured marshmallows to make it more fun. Go on to add some sprinkles (unicorn is a thing now) and chocolate to make it more fun and irresistible. In fact, be more adventurous with this recipe, add Nutella, peanut butter, vanilla beans etc
What is the difference between rice Krispies and rice Crispy?
Don’t even get me started on this. I go with whatever comes to mind. Rice Crispy is the same as Rice Krispies. Simples!
Tips for making the best rice Krispy treats
- Use quality butter, I recommend French butter or any good quality butter
- Cook the marshmallow on low heat. This rice Krispy treat is ready under 10 minutes, no need to rush this gooey, chewy and yummy goodness. Use mini marshmallows because they will melt quicker than the large ones
- Rice Krispies are best eaten the same day but if you must store them, ensure you consume it within 2-3 days. Store them in the fridge, separate them with parchment paper.
- You do not need to refrigerate them to set, they can be left outside on a kitchen counter (covered with either cling film or a lid) I would be surprised if you have to worry about storing them as they tend to disappear quickly.
What's in my rice Krispy treat
Good quality salted butter
Rice Krispies cereal
Melted dark chocolate
How to make it
Rice Krispie treat is no rocket science.
- melt butter and marshmallow (no salt if using salted butter and vice-versa)
- stir in rice Krispies or rice puffs into the marshmallow mixture
- press into a tin/mould
- leave to set for about 10 minutes
- cut into desired shapes and enjoy
- keep refrigerated for up to 3 days or keep in an airtight container. Ideally, it is best eaten the same day.
Watch how to make rice crispy treat
Other yummy treats you will love
The Best Ever Rice Krispies Treat
- 4 tbsp good quality salted butter
- 4 cups of mini marshmallow
- 5 cups rice krispies cereal
- 2 tbsp melted dark chocolate optional
- Line a pan with parchment paper and set aside. Alternatively, use any deep pan, line with parchment paper or spray with some fry light.
- Place a pan on medium heat, add the butter to melt. Followed by the mini marshmallow, stir it into the melted butter and continue to stir till it is all melted.
- Take it off the heat and stir in the rice krispies cereal until they are well combined
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and press for an even layer (I used parchment paper to press this down) drizzle the melted chocolate on the rice Krispies treat
- Leave to cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting. Serve and enjoy
If you made this recipe, don’t forget to leave me feedback. Tag me @myactivekitchen on Instagram and save away to your Pinterest
Leave a Reply