Last Updated on
The simple things in life are sometimes the best things. Today I’m sharing another very simple roasted chicken thighs recipe and it’s simply irresistible. I love to serve this with some rice like this easy spinach rice or salad.
If you are trying to stay fit and healthy, white meat like chicken is one of the many options you can choose from for your protein diet. The year is still very young and the trend at the moment is everyone keeping fit and trying to lose the Christmas weight off.
I love to eat chicken but I’ll never eat the skin. However, when I cook one I leave the skin on as one man’s hate is another man’s treasure. Some people crave for the skin; they probably have a very good metabolism.
Back to my chicken thigh roast; I marinated the chicken pieces with dried herbs, Olive oil and smoked paprika. I love smoked paprika and I put it in 80% of what I cook. I could get high on the smell alone, it is everything.
What you will need
4-5 boned chicken thighs
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1teaspoon chilli flake
Cayenne pepper (optional)
1teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon mixed herbs
Salt to taste
How to make simple roasted chicken thighs
Preheat oven to 180C/360F
Wash chicken, pat dry and place in a shallow bowl
Mix all dry spice together and rub on the chicken till it is well combined
Add the olive oil to seasoned chicken and mix together
Leave to marinate for an hour or overnight
Place chicken in a baking tray and put in the oven at 180◦, 170◦ if using fan oven.
You can cook chicken according to the timing on the package or for about 40 minutes. Serve roasted chicken thighs with salad and couscous or rice
More delicious and easy chicken recipes on the blog
If you made this roasted chicken thigh recipe, don’t forget to leave me feedback. Tag me on Instagram and save away to your Pinterest
Simple Roasted Chicken Thighs
- 4-5 boned chicken thighs about 1kg/2lb
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chilli flake
- Cayenne pepper optional
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- Salt to taste
- Wash chicken (optional), pat dry and place in a shallow bowl
- Mix all dry ingredients together and rub on the chicken till it is well combined
- Add the olive oil to the chicken and mix together. Leave to marinate for an hour or overnight preferably.
- Place chicken in a prepared baking tray and roast in the oven 30 to 40 minutes. Or until the juice from the chicken runs clear and skin is crispy. take it out of the oven, serve and enjoy
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? PLEASE RATE IT AND LEAVE ME A COMMENT. USE #MYACTIVEKITCHEN OR TAG @MYACTIVEKITCHEN ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN SEE YOUR PHOTOS, I WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOUR CREATIONS. THANK YOU!