The simple things in life are sometimes the best things. Today I'm sharing another very simple roasted chicken thighs recipe and it’s simply irresistible. this boned oven-baked chicken is marinated with the best chicken marinade ever, smoked paprika, salt and mixed herbs.
If you are trying to stay fit and healthy, white meat like chicken is one of the many options you can choose from for your protein diet. The year is still very young and the trend at the moment is everyone keeping fit and trying to lose the Christmas weight off.
I love to eat chicken but I’ll never eat the skin. However, when I cook one I leave the skin on as one man’s hate is another man’s treasure. Some people crave for the skin; they probably have a very good metabolism.
Back to my oven baked chicken thighs, I marinated the chicken pieces with dried mixed herbs, Olive oil and smoked paprika. I used store-bought mixed herbs and its a fragrant blend pf marjoram, parsley, thyme, basil and sage,
I love smoked paprika and I put it in 80% of what I cook. I could get high on the aroma alone, it is everything.
Boned chicken thighs: you can also use skinless, boneless chicken thighs
Extra virgin olive oil
Red pepper flakes
Cayenne pepper (optional)
Salt to taste
How to make simple roasted chicken thighs
Preheat oven to 180C/350F
Wash chicken (optional), pat dry and place in a shallow bowl
Mix all dry spices together and rub on the chicken till it is well combined
Add the olive oil to seasoned chicken and mix together
Leave to marinate for an hour or overnight preferably.
Place chicken in a baking tray and put in the oven between 30 to 40 minutes or until the juice from the chicken runs clear.
You can cook chicken according to the timing on the package or for about 40 minutes. Serve roasted chicken thighs with salad and couscous or rice
the internal temperature of a well-cooked chicken would read 165F/75C
Rest the chicken for about 5 minutes before serving, enjoy
More delicious and easy chicken recipes on the blog
If you made this roasted chicken thighs recipe, don’t forget to leave me feedback. Tag me on Instagram and save away to your Pinterest
Simple Roasted Chicken Thighs
- 6-8 boned chicken thighs about 1kg/2lb
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chilli flake or use according to preference
- Cayenne pepper optional
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons mixed herbs
- 1 teaspoon Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven at 180C/350F (do so about 30 minutes before roasting the chicken as the recipe requires at least an hour of marinating)Wash chicken and trim excess fat (optional), pat dry and place in a shallow bowl
- Mix all dry ingredients together and rub on the chicken till it is well combined
- Add the olive oil to the chicken and mix together. Leave to marinate for an hour or overnight preferably.
- Place chicken in a prepared baking tray and roast in the oven 30 to 40 minutes. Or until the juice from the chicken runs clear and skin is crispy. take it out of the oven, rest the chicken for about 5 minutes before you serve, enjoy
Recipe originally posted in 2015 and now updated with few photos for housekeeping, recipe remained the same, you don't fix what is not broken.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? PLEASE RATE IT AND LEAVE ME A COMMENT. USE #MYACTIVEKITCHEN OR TAG @MYACTIVEKITCHEN ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN SEE YOUR PHOTOS, I WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOUR CREATIONS. THANK YOU!